Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Football Season Is Almost Here


Beloved football season is nearly upon us. The teams are at training camps, sweating their asses off in the heat to get ready for the thousands of fans that await their arrival. People, tailgating, people, food, people, beer, people, the trek to your seats, more people, the exhilarating song of our national anthem, more people, and then finally, the kick-off, with even more people. I am a little claustrophobic. Can you tell?

Arrowhead Stadium will have a whole other meaning to me this year. While I am not a KC Chiefs fan, I do love the game of football. I have a season ticket this year and I plan on going to at least four games. Why? Because I love the spirit of the game and - the people. I love people. I love to watch them mostly, picking up on their mannerisms and idiosyncrasies. People fascinate me, especially the ones wearing the tight football gear. Sorry, had to throw that one in.

Can't wait to go to the games this year and watch one game where the Oakland Raiders and Randy Moss stomp all over the KC Chiefs in their home field. Miracles happen everyday you know.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I am a big college football fan and have season tickets to all the Auburn games via Dad. I love the atmosphere and the palpable excitement of the crowd. I also have a weakness for the hotdogs sold in the stadium. I hope you have an enjoyable football season.

Karin's Korner said...

I am a huge football fan. However, I am a fan of the Minnesota Vikings. I was never so glad that Randy Moss left the team, I know that you are a big Randy fan and that is great, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just wanted to let you know that another big football fan was reading your blog.

Billy said...

Andrew,
I love college football more than I do pro. I am a HUGE Ohio State Buckeyes Fan!!!! My family is from Ohio and we used to live there when I was younger, although I don't recall any of it. I would love to go down to the Texas vs. Ohio State game this year, but tickets will be difficult to get.

Karin,
LOL. I know that Mr. Moss is not a big favorite and that is why I like him so. He has attitude. I sometimes follow the philosophy-"dare to be different". Thanks for your comment.