Friday, August 04, 2006

Gotta Love Karma

It's 9 o'clock and it's around 88 degrees. It's muggy. I am doing two loads of laundry. Oh, the life of a diva. Haha. I return to work tomorrow. Somehow the hustle and bustle of the stores seems inviting. I always miss work when I have a day off. Weird, huh?

I am watching the news and it gets more bizarre each day. You would think that with the weather as hot as it is, people would remember their own children in the car. There was a child who was left in a minivan and he died of heat exhaustion. How could you forget about a child? The grandmother needs to be put away for "forgetting". I couldn't live with myself if that happened to me.

Here's something I would like to bring up. What do you think about Karma? Do you think that what comes around goes around? I would like to believe that all of the good things that I do will one day pay back in return. I am not looking for money or material things, but possibly a break every now and again or even a pat on the back. I hope that the love and kindness I give to others will be returned to me and my family. I believe that there are good people out there. Really good people- people who work so hard for their families and they go unnoticed. I think that is sad. I try to make sure that I give a kind word or some sort of recognition every day, especially when I am at work. People forget sometimes. I heard this quote the other day- 'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle.' That holds true for most and I try and remember that every day. Well, I must tend to my clothes as they are begging to be hung up. That's all for now.

2 comments:

AnkleBone said...

I believe in karma, but I feel more so that one cannot "expect" to be repaid for their kindness. Once you start to develop the "you owe me" mentality, it defeats the purpose of the general acts of kindness. Just knowing that your good will toward your fellow man benefits should be enough.

Billy said...

I don't "expect" to be repaid for my kindness, but I do believe that what you put out you will get back in return. I'm just wishing it weren't in money or material things. I'm beginning to think that my life is too revolved around these things.