Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cream of Wheat

I have to write about how I tried Cream of Wheat for the first time in my life this afternoon. Every time I hear people say how much they like it, I think it sounds so good and want to try it. So I bought some and I tried it for lunch. I made it with milk and I put a little butter and a little brown sugar in it. My comments? It wasn't bad. It's definitely something I could get used to eating during the winter months. I think I will opt for some dried fruit to compliment the creamy texture next time.

The weather has been wonderful the last two days. There have been scattered and isolated showers the past three days and the temperature is around the 80's. Oh, how I love it! If the weather is nice again tonight, I am going to sit on my apartment balcony and enjoy watching people as they hustle and bustle getting ready for the beginning of their work week. Gotta love Mondays, everyone goes back to work and school.

I still have a bit of a nagging cough yet, but I do feel much better. I have been getting more sleep lately, so that must be helping. Well, I will probably be back later this evening with a post. Probably won't have anything interesting though.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Isn't it so fun to just people watch sometimes? I often like to go to a restaurant, sit down, eat, and then spend a while watching people come and go.

Glad you are feeling better and that you don't have to get your tonsils out.

Well, I better get a shower and get ready to head to my Sunday speaker's meeting. Hopefully, they will have someone interesting tonight.

Leann said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Cream of Wheat = icky in my book.

I'll take good old fashioned oatmeal anytime....yummmmyyy

Anonymous said...

Aah good about the cold getting better. I can sit for hours and watch the world go by...

austere

Billy said...

Andrew - I have troubles eating in restaurants by myself. I have never been able to do it. If I go with someone, I usually don't people watch because I am so wrapped up in conversation with the person I am having dinner with. Hope your meeting was great.

Leann - I totally love your blog and will probably become a regular reader.

Austere - I just can't get rid of the nagging cough! If it's not gone by Tuesday, I am off to the doctor.

Anonymous said...

I Love Cream of Wheat.

:)