Thursday, August 31, 2006

Our Weekend Trip To KC

I wanted to tell everyone about my trip to Kansas City this weekend with my kid. We went to the KC Chiefs game against the St. Louis Rams on Saturday night. It was a good game with a lot of great plays. We arrived 4 hours before the game started, of course, because we had to tailgate. That is a great part of the whole experience. We always park near the front by the port-a-pots so that we can watch all of the weirdos walk by. It's great fun.

Another part of the game that I like is the National Anthem. When the song is almost over and the final verse is sung, the fans all sing the last line and end it with "and the home of the CHIEFS!!!" It is deafening to the ears. Arrowhead Stadium is said to be one of the loudest stadiums of the NFL. I can totally believe it.

I am planning on going to opening day of regular season when the Chiefs take on the Bengals. I am from Ohio, but will probably root for the Chiefs. I will root for the Chiefs until they play the Raiders. It should be an interesting year for both teams.

After the game, we went back to our condo and rested for the next day. We awoke around 7 a.m. the next morning and decided to eat at our favorite restaurant for breakfast. We usually visit here when we come to KC for the Chiefs game. The restaurant it called the Corner Cafe. They have a bakery right up front that you can see when you first walk in. It is like a little kiosk for the bakers to work in. The cinnamon rolls are so good you drool just thinking about them. The biscuits are very rich and the gravy is tasty as well. This place has history and the decor on the inside is very homey. I absolutely love looking at all of the pictures and decor. I find something new to look at each time I visit.

We then went to Worlds of Fun and my kid had a blast. There were no long lines and once you got off one roller coaster, you could get right back on again. The weather was pleasant and the atmosphere was so relaxing. My kid rode on all of the roller coasters twice. It was fun to watch. I am not much for rides like this because I get motion sickness pretty bad. I feel sick when I am in an airplane. Motion sickness medicine does not seem to help either. Regardless, we had a great time.

Well, I am off today and plan on doing some laundry. I also need to get a little cleaning done. Good day to everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I know where the Bengals are from. Grin. From the Indian state of West Bengal, no?
*rootin for the chiefs*

austere

Billy said...

LOL...
The Bengals are from Cincinatti. I have to go there on business at least once a year. I love the city.

Leann said...

It sounds like you had an awesome time!!

I love tailgating, it's more fun than the game...hehehehe

We used to live next to the Oregon Beavers stadium and on game days...ya, look out!!

Billy said...

Cool, I am a HUGE Ohio State Buckeye Fan!! I love college ball more than I do the pros.