Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Bit of Nostalgia

I just got my ass kicked again in the game of Monopoly. I always thought I ruled when it came to that game, but it is apparent that I suck big donkey balls. I haven't played that game since I was a kid and playing it now brings back memories of my sister and I playing the game with house rules. Of course I always won. I maneuvered and manipulated my sister so that I couldn't lose. I don't know if she ever caught on. I kinda feel bad about it now after getting my ass kicked the second night in a row. Karma has a way of coming back to bite you. I suck.

Whenever I visit my parents house, my mom always wants to play cards. Now she has my kid hooked on doing the same thing. So I visited my local Target store (because I despise the evil empire Wal-mart) and I bought several card games. I got Phase 10, SkipBo and Uno. I am sure that my kid will kick my butt when it comes to this as well. I can't even win at chess anymore. Isn't that pathetic? What happened to letting the child win? I can't even get close to winning as an adult.

Today was a gorgeous day. It was around 87 degrees. It felt wonderful. It is just a reminder that my favorite season is just around the corner. Autumn! I enroll my kid into Junior High School tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time has passed me by. I remember the 6th grade like it was yesterday. My school was two stories with lockers down both. My favorite part of the school was the stair case. It was a wrap-around on both sides. The library was pretty cool also. I also remember having to run outside during P.E. at the beginning of the year. There was a long block and a short block that we had to run. I wasn't very good at first, but soon started running faster than the boys.

It is great reminiscing about the good ole' days. It's cool because my kid will go through the same thing one day. It reminds me of a wheel, just like in the John Mayer song.

2 comments:

2complx said...

I also "despise the evil empire Wal-mart" work gives us gift cards I give them to my wife. I think I would go as far as saying I hate Wal-Mart.
Calm down TC....
Card games and board games rule, I miss the times playing these and the great discussions that go along it is such a great activity for human interaction and very intellectually stimulating as well.

Billy said...

The discussions are the best during the competition of a board game. I am glad I am not the only one who despises Wal-mart. Thanks for the comment.