Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Another Day

'Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy's cliche'
And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky are next to mountains anyway'

That quote is from John Mayer's song "3x5". It's how the sky looks right now. I love those big fluffy clouds that look like you can sleep on them. I always thought those clouds looked like big dollops of whipped cream. Clouds like that look as though they would be softer than the fur from a rabbit or chinchilla. Clouds that could fester into horrific thunderstorms with tornadic activity at any moment. That is why Kansas weather is so unique. It can change within a matter of minutes. It is so humid out there. I hate walking to my car and actually sweating in the 30 seconds it takes to get there because of the humidity.

Work is going fairly well. I am still not over this sore throat and bad cough. I have been coughing so hard and so much that my back hurts. I did this once before and when I visited the doctor, they put me on Loritabs. Why? I have no idea, but those little pills knocked me on my ass. I can't take them because I feel sick when I do.

I still have not talked to my guy friend from before. I am sure that his life is wonderful right now with his new girlfriend. I am over it.

My kid is enjoying the first year of middle school. However, there has been no homework given yet, so I know that the enjoyment will be short-lived. It usually works that way. Lol.

Have a great evening everyone. Hope mine is productive. Good evening.

3 comments:

AnkleBone said...

Be careful, please - I have two friends on opposite sides of the country who are dealing with pneumonia...

Anonymous said...

Trust the cold is better?

austere

Billy said...

yes!