Monday, August 07, 2006

What A Day!

Holy Cow! Today was the longest day ever and I didn't get anything done on my to do list for work. I have to be at work at 5 a.m. and I am not even tired. I am so wired from today. We basically got bitched out today from our director. The "diva" said that we are not on the same page as upper management and that we have a problem with communication. I happen to know that I do not have a problem with communication, nor do I have a problem with communicating with upper management. But the "diva" talked to us as a whole so I had to endure all of the tongue lashing. So, now I have to turn in a weekly diary for work. I totally laughed at that because I am always writing in my journal and I just found it funny that I now need one for work. Here is how I envision it:

Dear Diva Diary,
Today I visited store #72 and noticed that they were not on the program that has been communicated to them by upper management. Since I am a work horse and I have to follow up behind all of those who get paid to get the job done, but don't, I figured I would once again show them what you are wanting. I "communicated" to store management and to department management about what the standards and programs are. They nodded their heads and said that they would get it done. I left the store and have documented the events for today. I plan to go back in a week to repeat myself again, and then the week after that, and the week after that, and I will keep going back until I no longer have a job. But seeing how my job is to make sure that everyone else is doing their job, I can go to bed knowing that I will be working for you for several lifetimes.
Good night.

No comments: