Monday, September 18, 2006

What A Day

Funny day today. It was one of the most stressful days I have had since I took this new position. I actually had one of my bosses, D#1, threaten me with my job today. Actually, she threatened all of us. I have to laugh about it because she doesn't have that authority, but she is one of those who thinks she does. So, it is comical to watch sometimes.

Anyway, we had a conference call with her today and of course, she wants us to come up with an action plan on how we are going to cure the shrink problem she has created. Only because we have the magic ways of getting it all turned around. We didn't have any help except- wait! She was the one who told all of our stores to concentrate on sales and not to worry about shrink. Well, guess what? They listened. And now she is scrambling to find the answers.

Quite frankly, I am stressed out, but I am also seeing another side of this. I have been evaluating D#1 quite a bit since I took on this position and I have noticed that she has low self-esteem. I believe this to be the reason why she is always throwing us under the bus. I had to go off on her a bit today. It wasn't very nice and I would normally never talk to a superior that way, but she has allowed me to do it so many times before, that it is difficult not to anymore. I want her to hear what our people have to go through for the "office people". What they seem to forget is that the people who are working their fingers to the bone in the stores are their bread and butter. How easy it is to forget. I will never forget. I haven't yet and I never will.

1 comment:

Leann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.