Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Garbage Day Needed


I have been doing a lot of self-evaluating lately. I think it is time for a change. I don't know what type of change quite yet, but I do know that not all is right in my life. I feel like I should clean up a part of my life, maybe become more organized. You see, I am one of those who has always been the listmaker, never the one checking off the list. And it's hard to believe when you see the line of work I am in. My job is all about follow-up. It's my home and personal life that lacks the follow-up. I am in need for a change.

I suppose you could say I noticed this - ah, well, it hit me pretty hard this morning. As I was on my way to drop my kid off to school clear across town, I saw everyone on their daily commute to only God knows where. All of those single file cars on the three-lane highway, all with the same purpose of having to be somewhere by sometime. It made me think about how predictable my life is and how I need more organization. Now you may be thinking that I am talking out of both sides of my mouth here, and I am. Sort of. I wish I could organize my life and home better. I have always been a dreamer of the family dinners at the kitchen table and nights curled up with my family, watching a great show together. Very traditional, I know. But it is also very RARE!!! Not very many families do that anymore. We are always in such a hurry that we don't make time for the small stuff that really matters. As for being predictable, I guess you could say that about me with relationships. I always know how they are going to end up. It's pretty bad when you know the reason why it doesn't work out, but don't do anything to make sure that it doesn't end up that way.

Did that make any sense?

Oh well. I guess it takes time. I am just afraid that one day I will wake up and see that I don't have as much time as I thought I did.

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Hello Miss:

I wanted to tell you that this was an absolutely wonderful post. I would say it is my favorite thus far of all of your I have read.

The idea of organization is indeed very appealing and ives a sense of tranquility and peace. I often attempt to become more organized whenever I experience an extreme stress (such as I have been under now for 6 weeks).

Your notion about relationships is, I think, very, very true for a subset of people who tend to have the following traits.... a) they have above average perception, b) they are people who are driven to notice and are innately aware of patterns, and c) they tend towards empathic qualities. I would bet if you looked inside yourself, you would see all of the above three are true.

So, again, I wanted to thank you for your wonderful post. It stimulated my mind in a positive direction and helped brighten my day (which has been rather gloomy of late).

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

P.S. I fear a mutual friend (or at least former friend on my part (since he does not write, and has not asked me to write)) of ours may be experiencing difficulty. His blog has been quite empty and it appears he dumped his earlier files.

Billy said...

Well, Sir,
It is good to hear from you finally. Thank you for your compliments to the current post. But I meant every word. I do need to do some cleaning up in my life. I have been thinking about this all this week and plan on typing it all down. Let me know what you think when I get it done. Thanks again for the kind words, furry face. It always makes me feel good inside.

Anonymous said...

It takes a lot of courage to do this introspection, that you have in abundance abbagirl.
re relationships so many times we fool ourselves, its going to be ok , its going to be ok around the corner, but in our skin we know, is it not?

austere