Thursday, September 14, 2006

Me, Myself, and I

Anyone out there familiar with multiple personalities? I think one of my friends has them. I have only seen three so far. #1 is the one that I became friends with first. #2 comes out when it wants to get major attention. And #3 is the cold one, the one who gives you the major cold shoulder. When #3 is there, #1 will usually come back after I have done some gentle coaxing. #2 is just whiny sometimes and when it doesn't get it's way, #3 comes back. Weird, huh?

This person has never told me that they have multiples. They may not even realize it. I just think it is odd, that's all. Well, maybe odd is not the word I want to use, but intriguing.

Ever been around anyone who was like that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

argh.
that's it, politely.

austere

Karin's Korner said...

I do know someone exactly like that. She was one of my best friends when I lived in Wisconsin and I still love her dearly today but there were times when I did not like her very much. Finally she went to the doctor to find out why she was so moody all the time and they perscribed some meds. After about a month, everything smoothed out for the most part but sometimes #2 and #3 came out. I guess I just thought that she really needed a friend and I thought God picked me to be that friend to her. I miss her.