Friday, September 22, 2006

Remember When


I am at home enjoying the day off. Not quite a full day off, but it's great nevertheless. I am anticipating the weather to start getting much cooler. We had quite a storm pass through yesterday. It was so windy that the rain was hitting the side of my car instead of the windshield. Funny.

My kid is going to my parent's house for the weekend. My dad wants to take DB fishing. I remember going on those fishing trips with my dad when I was younger. It was always so much fun. We would go to the river often or to the sand pit and sit for hours waiting for the fish to bite. I remember the water glistening across the water, dancing playfully along the top. You could hear the constant lapping noise the water made on it's dedicated way to shore. The ground was wet and squishy near the sandy bank. A toe would find it's way to the brink of the shore and a shock of cold electricity would shoot up my body, a smile on my sunny face. I remember those days like it was yesterday. My kid is so lucky. Ah, to be eleven again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay Yall... Thanks for dropping by my blog. It's interesting to note that indeed we may have the same parent company. Another ironic twist...... I was born and raised in Kansas and moved down south when I was 38. We have probably travelled the same stretch of long straight roads searching for the elusive state tree. (Kansas has one, I saw a picture of it once.)

If you would like, I would exchange links with you. Drop me a comment or an email.

Later Yall....

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful.
austere