Thursday, March 05, 2015

Picky Eaters

I have three more vacation days left.  I go back to work on Monday.  Boo!

Tonight's supper was yummy.  I made baked chicken thighs over asparagus, baked potatoes and salad.

I first started off seasoning these boneless, skinless chicken thighs.  I prefer them over chicken breasts, although Stephen does not.  Too bad!  I seasoned these with a light sprinkle of Lawry's garlic salt and some pepper, covered them with saran wrap and put them in the frig for a few hours.


After these were put in the frig, I washed and cut the asparagus.  Now these asparagus are pencil thin, which I love.  One must be careful when picking out thin asparagus because if you overcook them, they can become quite woody and tough.  I always opt for thicker asparagus when we are grilling.  I seasoned these with olive oil, salt and pepper and left them in the casserole dish since the chicken would be cooking on top.


Looks yummy, huh?  Once I was ready to cook, I preheated the oven to 350 degrees.  I coated the chicken thighs with seasoned breadcrumbs and sprinkled Parmesan Reggiano on top and placed the thighs right on top of these lovely asparagus.  It cooked for about 45 minutes and smelled heavenly the entire time.  I am in love with all things garlic and PG (Parmesan Reggiano).  And it has to be PG as no other real Parmesan exists!  Here is the finished product...


The asparagus cooked in the chicken thigh juices and made them super tender!  I also made a his/her salad, Stephen's with strawberries and mine with pear.  I always like putting fruit in salad.


Not pictured tonight were the baked red potatoes.  I packed up supper and took it to Stephen's job and we ate. He's picky.  Ugh... sometimes I wish he would be keen to trying different foods.  He liked the food but would rather have had chicken breasts and broccoli instead of the thighs and asparagus.  Lol.... He knows what he likes, I guess.  Doesn't mean I won't keep trying.  He doesn't have to eat it, right?

It's getting late so I better end this post.  Pretty sure not many are up this late anyway.  Do you only like certain foods or are you someone who will try new things?

Laters.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I must admit I'd rather have the chicken breasts too. : )
Those asparagus look wonderful.