Friday, March 13, 2015

Off For A Day

I am so happy!  I have tomorrow off and I need it!  Today just took forever at work.  I was happy to get out of there, but I had to shop for tomorrow's grilling event.  I am taking over a massive amount of food to Rose's house and feeding her entire family - 8 adults and 3 children.  There will be her daughters and grandchildren and her funny husband, so I made sure to cover all the bases.  I can't wait to share the menu with you tomorrow!

Tonight's menu features broiled mackerel and rice.  It's a traditional Korean dish my mom always makes and since I haven't been home in forever, I was missing it.  Mackerel is a fish that is either loved or hated.  I love it, but I can't eat it like some people do... in patty form?  Mackerel patties, like salmon patties, are disgusting to me.  I don't even like crab cakes.  Yes... I am weird.

The weather is supposed to be super nice on Monday with the temperature in the high 70's.  Hello spring!  I will be in Oklahoma so it will be perfect weather for walking and spending time outside.  I have quite a few things I need to do while I am there.  Hope Stephen doesn't have any more plans for us.

Well, I smell the rice and it has finished cooking in the rice cooker.  I am going to enjoy my dinner and read some blogs.  Have a fantastic Friday night!

Laters.

No comments: