Sunday, March 01, 2015

Great Birthday

I had a really good birthday!  I got to sleep in.  I made an awesome breakfast for Stephen and I this morning: whole wheat biscuits, scrambled eggs, Jimmy Dean sausage and steel cut oats with fresh raspberries.  Let me just say I will never go back to eating regular oatmeal ever again.  Steel cut oats are the only way to go.  I don't care that it takes 20-30 minutes to cook. It's worth all the extra time and effort.  I know this sounds like a lot of food, but it wasn't.  One biscuit, one egg, two small sausage patties and a half serving of the oats.  It was perfect and held us over until supper.

We watched some tv, but basically did nothing.  We actually took a two hour nap at 2 pm and didn't mosey out of bed until 4.  I got up, showered, put on a nice outfit and even put a little make up on.  We went to The Shack Seafood and Oyster Bar for dinner.  It was a first for me and probably the only time I would ever get Stephen to try something new.  It was wonderful.  I got the Crawfish Half and Half and was pretty close to an original Cajun/creole meal.  I am definitely going back again soon.

We shared the Mudslide dessert and it was divine!  Very rich and decadent.  If you are ever in the OKC area, I highly recommend this place!


Now we are just home chillaxing.  Stephen made the mistake of looking at his mortgage online to see how much is left to pay.  Lol....  he's so funny.  He said he would be happy with about $10 million.  Um... let's work for $1 for now!

I am looking forward to having a full week off from work.  I have already started unwinding.  Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh my doesn't that look good. I read your last post before this. Didn't realize that the steel cut oats was so different. I don't think I've ever heard of it. I will look for it and try it.