Monday, March 02, 2015

Cracking Up

Well, it finally happened.  I finally dropped my iPhone 6.   And it cracked.  But not really.  Thankfully I invested in that fancy screen protector that I paid $35 for because that is what actually cracked, not my phone itself.  WooHoo!  Best $35 I have ever spent.   The crack is super tiny and you can barely see it.  It's also at the very top of my phone.  I have never dropped my phone before and always prided myself for having the longest lasting screen than my friends and co-workers. Guess it was bound to happen one day.  Super glad I had it covered.

I've been doing a ton of thinking today.  Sometimes this isn't a good thing.  I started thinking about growing roots.  You know, a home, a place to call your very own.  I am 41 years old and I have never really had a place of my own, a place where I decided I am going to stay.  Sounds odd, but I have been in two long term relationships, both of which I lived in their house.  I lived on my own for a couple of years in an apartment and now I have lived in my townhouse for 2 years.  I haven't even fully unpacked everything in my townhouse.  I guess I felt like I wasn't going to stay long.  So today I was thinking about just unpacking.   I won't be moving to Oklahoma anytime soon.  My relationship is good where it is.  Despite a lot of travel time, I am in a good place.  So why not just grow roots where I am?  There are several residents who have lived there for years.  I could be like that, couldn't I?  Do I want to grow roots in a townhouse?  There are too many questions.  Once I get back from vacation, I am going to start unpacking.  I might as well.  Maybe this will start things in motion for me to make some decisions.  Ugh.... I hate growing up.

No comments: