Saturday, January 20, 2007

Watch Our World!

I can't seem to remember where I packed my camera. It has been snowing all day and I wanted to catch a glimpse of it for all of you. I will search for it this evening and try for a morning picture.

We did not go to bingo last night and I was sadly disappointed. My kid's dad did not let me know I had to reserve bingo cards in order to go. Needless to say, I was pretty hot. I yelled at him and he apologized. Ugh.

I am on a break from the kitchen. I am trying to sort things out. It's very hard because the whole entire house was left in poor condition and there was much left behind. I am sorting through everything slowly.

In my apartment everything was electric. I love the gas stove in this house. At first I wanted to get rid of it, but now I think I will keep it around for awhile. I have not tried to bake anything in it yet, but I hope to get a chance by next week.

Let me tell you a little bit about one of my co-workers. She has a different zone than I do. She lives in Omaha, Nebraska and is a riot! I shall call her "Havoc". Havoc creates just that, havoc. She goes with the flow, but always watches her back. There are several people at work we don't trust. I think some of those people are out to get her, but that's just us scheming. Anyway, Havoc is a single mom like myself. She is short, thick, and has blond hair. She is totally German and I think she is hilarious. We call each other constantly and talk about work all of the time. Many people have tried to warn me about getting too close, but what do they know? I mean, look at the company we work for. There are backstabbers everywhere. So, we get together on the phone to talk about the latest flavor of the month at work. We constantly joke about others, at their expense of course. I know it's not nice, but if you only knew some of these people. It's shallow and I don't really care. I'm human and half Korean. Put me with a German gal pal and watch out world!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

You're lucky to have someone like Havoc to gossip with, someone that you trust. Like you said, it's fun, harmless, and a way to unload with someone who would understand. I don't have anyone like that anymore. My BF at work left in December. I have friends, but not ones that I'm positive would keep what I say in confidence.

I hope you find your camera. I want to see snow!

Anonymous said...

You will LOVE the gas oven. But...get a thermometer and check the range as it cycles.

Eone said...

wow ..you are right. We have a lot in common (workwise). I have a group of friends - 7 of us and we call ourselves THE JIMBENGS (in fact we have a HEAD of Jimbengs) where we bitch everything about the office together.We normally do it after office hour. We laugh, we comfort each other and we have fun together. Unfortunately, one after another leaving the group with two of them are now based overseas. We still "bitchin" though coz it is one way of releasing our "stress".

You are lucky to have people you love around you, but more importantly to take care of whatever you have now, enjoy every single seconds with them.

Dave said...

I am not sure what I would do without knowing the location of my camera! I am sure desperation for me would soon follow! You had better find it fast. :-)

Unknown said...

You asked if I was interested in moving up the ladder. In my division, I don't fit the physical stereotype image that they are seeking for management types. I am not tall with a full head of hair of a certain build. I inquired about moving into management and I was laughed at. I will be entering management within a couple of years after the kids are out of school and I can devote my time to moving up the ladder, but it will not be with "our" company. So Yeah, I am thinking of moving up but I have not yet decided with which company to go with. But after the response I got, it won't be the one I am with.

Later Y'all