Sunday, January 21, 2007

Today WAS a Great Day!!!

Okay, so today was a GREAT day. I went into one of my stores and was talking to a department head. I have noticed the considerable changes she has made in her department. I then told her that I noticed all of the hard work she has put in to turn the department around (it was in pretty bad shape several months ago). I then decided to recognize her at an associate luncheon we are having in February. Why not? Heck, she has done an outstanding job. This particular manager was on the verge of being demoted. After a little heart-to-heart three months ago, she has proven everyone wrong. She CAN run a great department.

I came home and unpacked four more boxes (please note that I have about 20 boxes to go through). I have not found my camera yet. It's driving me absolutely bonkers! I will have to go through at least two boxes a day. That way, I should be done by the next snow storm. Did I mention that we are suppose to get more snow next Monday and Tuesday? Yes. We already received eight inches yesterday. Hooray for Old Man Winter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good day! That's a shame you didn't get to go to bingo, I like bingo.

I hope all of next week will be good for you! I hope you have flannel sheets for those cold nights. I love flannel sheets! Mabye someone will make fleece sheets next! *grin*

I made a new photoblog today of my silly craft projects and it really cheered me up. check it out: www.steelcorset.blogspot.com

Take care! -P

Anonymous said...

Way to deliver some sunshine to someone's day. I'll bet the recongnition you gave that department manager made her day too.

Send the snow north. Too many sad people up here for me to take. Cross-country skiers especially are crabby...

Cheryl said...

What you said to your department head was awesome. It must have made her day. She'll certainly tell her co-workers, friends and family about it, which will make them very happy. It will probably influence other department heads to try for the same recognition. It shows the kind of impact one person can make. Everyone likes to be recognized and you did that. Just great!

Be careful driving in the snow.

Dave said...

Nothing works better than positive reinforcement, support and encouragement. It is good to see people taking constructive critisism to heart and acting upon it.

Hope you find your camera! :-)

Unknown said...

I was going to make a rude comment about getting 8 inches but then I noticed the word verification word.

cpeflcsm.

That just derailed my little train of innuendo..

Dang!!!!


Later Y'all