Friday, January 26, 2007

I Need A Favor, Please.

Well, thanks to all that posted a comment. I need a favor though. If you have a chance to do so, stop by the Frumpy Professor and send some words of encouragement his way. He is one of my favorites and I feel so bad knowing that he is hurting. You can get to his blog through the link on the right hand side. I would appreciate it so much. Thanks!

On to other news, I finished cleaning my apartment today. WooHoo! I am done!

Also, I am having to go to Columbus, Ohio for business on January 31 thru February 2. We are going through some training up there for our bistro which will be featured in one of our new stores. I am also going to Seattle, Washington on February 6 thru February 8. We are sending our chefs to training and we have to attend part of that training. I dread the flying part of all this. I get sick on the planes. I have never thrown up, but I do get that dizzy head feeling. What I also dislike is sitting next to someone who falls asleep and puts there head on your seat. If I haven't told you guys yet, I do not like it when someone is that close. I'm a slight germ-a-phobe. Can't help it. If you went through all of the food safety classes I have been through, you would understand why. Ugh!

I am excited to go to Seattle though. I have never been to the west coast before. The farthest west I have been is Las Vegas. I am ecstatic! It's going to be a great experience for me. One of the VPs up there used to be a deli director for our division. I remember her when I was an hourly associate working in one of our stores. We hit it off great. Perhaps she will remember me. I would love to see her again. Hopefully I will get the chance.

Okay, so the post is a little bit longer tonight. Again, if you could stop by the blog I noted above, I would really appreciate it. You guys are so great with leaving such wonderful comments on my blog, I think that Pipe would enjoy some new readers as well. I know that Andrew from 4th Avenue Blues would agree with me. Thanks again people!

10 comments:

Leann said...

I'm only 5 hours from you when you reach Seattle....hint hint...lol I can come to you...would not expect you to coem to me..lol Would be a pleasure to actually meet you!

I'll stop by Pipe's blog.

Cheryl said...

I'll stop by Pipe's blog tonight. I do read it, but it's one of the ones that I haven't commented to yet. I always feel so badly for him. He has quite a burden on his shoulders.

Your comment to me was so, so, very nice. Thank you very much for your kind words. It put a big smile on my face.

Your friend,
Cheryl

Dave said...

I will stop by the Frumpy Professer as asked. You have a good heart abbagirl!

kanadians in korea said...

hey girl... i just wanted to say, i really appreciate your comments on my blog. and maybe we're all a little bit addicted to this phenomenon, but at the same time it's a neat way of ministering to people we don't even know... a way of sending love across the world. thanks for caring, abba girl! em.

Andrew said...

I dropped Pipe a long comment tonight. I worry about him and these cyclical malaises he experiences. I guess a tough living situation would depress even the most stalwart individual. Thank you for this "call out" for him. I hope more people will take the time to comment. I am pleased with all the many online friends you have and how they rally around you and him.

Take care special gal. Love ya,

Andrew

Kristen said...

Shall we start a competition? I am only 2 hours away from Columbus, Ohio. :)

I'll visit Pipe, also.

austere said...

:) Have a nice trip, abbagirl. safe, and stay warm.

Cheryl said...

I loved your long post. I'm so happy for you that your apartment is done. Bravo. I'm going to be inspired by you and start working on cleaning up my basement today. TTYL...

Anonymous said...

I hope you will like Seattle! I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The Pacific Northwest has it's own culture that is not for everyone, maybe you will notice it maybe not, it hard to say how much you'll get out of a few days.

Be sure to check out Pike Place Market and the Seattle Art Museum (SAM) is a top-nothc museum. My faovite place to eat is at Anthony's just walk down to the water and left from Pike Place. Eat downstairs (Bell St Diner), the food it good price and excellent. Don't forget to get the "Bailey's Chocolate Mousse" served after 3pm with coffee! It's heaven on earth!

I also hate flying, I hope you have an mp3 player so you can close your eyes and listen to your favorite tunes.

Cheryl said...

Hello Abba....how was your weekend? I need new words from you.