Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

I'm not big on the whole Valentine's holiday.  I am big on spending quality time with Stephen.  We went to a couple of places today where we knew most people would not venture out to.  Hehehe....  It's kind of nice not being around the crowds of people.

I didn't wake up until 9 am this morning.  Stephen didn't get up until almost 11 am.  He works swing shift, so he doesn't go to bed until almost 2:30 am.  As soon as we got out of bed around 11:30, we decided to grab some breakfast.

We wanted to try a new spot and decided on Big Buffalo Grill off of 23rd and Council.  It's not exactly on the corner, but right behind the 7-Eleven.  This place has new owners and they serve breakfast all day. I opted for the chorizo omelet with a biscuit and gravy.  The omelet was made with three eggs, chorizo sausage, home potatoes, onions, green peppers, cheese and a red sauce.  It came with a side of refried beans and fried plantains.  You could pick a bread side and I chose the biscuit and sausage gravy.  Here is what it looked like:


It was a lot of food and all of this was only $7.  The coffee was piping hot and the service was top-notch.  We were told the place just recently got new owners who also have a taco truck down on 23rd and Ann Arbor.  The cook from the previous owners has stayed on, so the food is the same, but with a few new items.  Stephen got the sausage and eggs with a biscuit and gravy and two pancakes.  The pancakes were so flippin yummy!  I am totally getting that the next time we go.

After brunch, Stephen asked if I would like to see Oklahoma City's finest.  So, we headed to the flea market.  Lol....  It was an experience, for sure.  I have never been to one and I would be okay if I never went to another.  I had this idea that it would be more like a farmer's market.  In a way, it was, but with so much junk!  I don't mean to judge, but I am not sure how people can actually make any money.

After the flea market, Stephen took me around to all of the places he grew up.  I got to see all of his childhood homes, as well as places he lived after high school.  It was interesting to see.  He doesn't always open up to me about those things, so it was very special to me.  It was certainly a gorgeous day out (78 degrees!) to drive around in his truck and let my long hair get loose and crazy!

Once our day trip was over, we stopped by Braum's on the way home.  We both got sundaes and decided to eat them there and people watch.  I love watching people.  They fascinate me.  The Braum's we went to is right across the road from this "uber-rich" neighborhood (Stephen's words).  The houses are very pretty, but if I had that kind of money, I would build a house on a good size piece of land.

We headed home after our ice cream.  Stephen worked out in the garage and I actually fell asleep.  Before I knew it, it was 6:30 and we were off to Office Depot.  Stephen just had to have a p-touch machine so he could label all of the tools in his garage.  Whatever floats your boat sweetie!  It was much cooler by then so we were in and out.  On the way out, we could smell Panda Express and we both really craved Chinese food.  We headed back home and stopped by the local Chinese restaurant.  I think every town has one.  I had the sautéed shrimp, which came with an egg roll, egg drop soup and fried rice.  We also got the crab rangoons, which were some of the best I have ever had.  I think it's how they make them.  Crispy, hot and delicious!


I didn't care for the fried rice.  I guess when you grow up in a Korean household, no one can make rice better than your mom.

It was a great day, definitely full of fun, food and laughter.  I learned so much about my Stephen today.  I am glad I was here to be with him.  We both head back to work tomorrow.  I am not looking forward to it.  I won't be back until next week, most likely Wednesday night.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  What did you do?

Laters.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We had a nice quiet day at home watching the snow come down and the wind blow it around.
: )
We're not big on the holiday either. I think every day is special and my husband is my Valentine every day. : )

I love going to flea markets but then I love and collect old things.