Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Warm Food and Work

Well, dinner was a huge success once again. My kid ate and was completely content. My job is totally in the wrong field. I should have become a chef. A home-mom type of chef. Anyway,

I have been tagged by Jade on the Work Meme. Here are the answers to the questions:


1. What is the best thing about your workplace?
I don't particular have one place that I work at. I have many places. I oversee several departments for a major grocery chain. I have 22 stores. I guess the best thing about all of those stores is that they are all unique. No store is the same as far as employees, clientele, and money.

2. What do you hate about your workplace?
I really hate the fact that the stores are not consistent on company programs and policies.

3. What small irritance at your workplace really annoys you?
The small irritance that annoys me is when I ask why and I receive a million excuses and nothing on how the issue is going to get fixed.

4. Describe the actions/quirks of the weirdest person you work with (can be a co-worker, employer, or a vendor if you are self-employed).
I don't really work with anyone weird, but I do have a boss that gets on my nerves sometimes. She tends to say one thing and do another. She doesn't deliver when she says she will. She is not a very good communicator.

5. What is one thing that you would change at your workplace to make life a helluva lot better?
I would give everyone who works closest to our customers a major raise. They work so hard and don't get paid enough for it. Of course, I would be included in that pay raise. Of course.


So, I don't think that really told anyone what I really do, but I guess if they really want to know, they can ask. I do love my job, mostly because I affect people's growth in their jobs. I love nothing more than seeing an associate who works beyond their potential and gets promoted.

1 comment:

Parlancheq said...

Neat! I was never quite clear on what you did, other than it had something to do with grocery stores. Now I have a better idea. :)