Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cooking Up A Big Idea

These outages by blogger are really starting to piss me off. Several of the blogs I read are not on beta and the outages affect them.

I was off today. I made chili rellenos for lunch and a roast for dinner. The roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions have been slow roasting in the oven since 9:30 this morning. We won't eat until around 6. It should be so tender, it will melt in our mouths. The weather is currently very cool with light sprinkling of mist. It's absolutely wonderful.

I tried calling Jonathon from 4th Avenue Blues today. No answer. It's not the first time. One day I will catch him at home. Busy guy. He is planning on taking a 2000-mile trek across the Appalachians. What I would give to go with him. I do plan on helping him with whatever he needs to do this. I would love to set up a sort of charity in his name for mental illness. His expenses will not be any problem at all. He lives quite simply and he doesn't eat like a pig. I do wonder about toilet paper. How does that work? Anyway, I am sure that he would let me help him with the financial part of it. He better, cuz' I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wow, I just had the best idea. We could all get together when he was finished and really have a blogging reunion. We could tie in a celebration of his return and how much money he raised. We could have someone from the charity of choice to be there to accept a BIG check. Am I dreaming too large here? What do you think?

6 comments:

Andrew said...

I hate I missed your call so much. It is so cool to get to hear your voice. You sound all girlie and everything! Of course, you are a lady of the highest sorts.

Let's just don't get too grand just yet about the summer mountain trail adventure. I have to get back in the hiking shape I was a few summer's ago after my homelessness. I need to be able to hike 15 or 20 miles a day. I hiked 12 today and am exhausted. I would love to be able to help some worthy charity for people with mental illness. NAMI comes to mind. Maybe with my legs and your administrative prowess we could get something cool going in the spring.

Andrew said...

Oh, and about the toilet paper thing. You prepare mail drops for general delivery along the trail which includes your food, medications, butt wipe, etc. There are towns all along the trail with little post offices. You pick up your package at each mail drop. It is just simply planning ahead. I was asking mom today if she would mail my drops if I prepared them for the summer. All she would have to do is mail a package once a week. She acted a little overwhelmed by the whole ideal. Bless her soul. She can't take on too much.

austere said...

Sounds like a superb idea, abbagirl.. pls take pics! and am quite looking forward to the trek, too.

PipeTobacco said...

Abbagirl:

It sounds like a helluva lot of fun to have a reunion of sorts.

PipeTobacco

Annabel said...

If it's in the summer, generally I have the time off... unless it is at nationals and I have a student qualified. I think it would be great to have a blogging union (I wanted to say reunion, but since we've never met before, it didn't make sense).

Leann said...

It sounds like a wonderful idea and I'm definetly up for it!!

That's interesting about the mail drops Jonathan. I hadn't thought about that.

Keep me posted!