Saturday, October 28, 2006

Home Cookin vs. Overrated Restaurant Food

As many of you who know me, you know that I love to cook on my days off. Well, let me tell you what's for dinner this evening. Oven fried center cut pork chops, my famous garlic mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, fried zucchini and peas. Who says you can't cook a good meal at home? It's better than going out to eat. We recently got some new restaurants on the West Side. Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, and Granite City are just a few. Too crowded, too noisy, too annoying. I would rather cook dinner at home and eat around the table with family and friends. Come on over, my online blogging friends. We can make room...

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh god, that sounds delicious! I wish you lived next door. All I had for supper was a banana and a bowl of cereal. I did have a pot of spaghetti sauce cooking in the crock pot all day that made the house smell wonderful. I am going to freeze it in individual servings tonight when it finally cools down enough to put in freezer bags. That will be a treat on some cold winter days in the next month or so.

Your bud,

Jonathon

austere said...

Aha! that sounds like a fabulous meal, the garlic potates specially. Let me get some gujarati khana and we can have a potluck, huh?

PipeTobacco said...

Abbagirl74:

You are correct, miss, that home cooking done with care will outdo resturant cooking ANY DAY. Yet, sometimes the inclination for care and a lack of time make a resturant a worthy second choice.

What are some of your own individual favorite recipies?

PipeTobacco

B said...

We had rossiterie chicken, rice, bokcoy and broccoli and chessey garlic biskets. I know what you mean about sitting around the kitchen table being way better than any restaurant food.

Surprisingly, it's one of the the things that bothering me about dating more!!! LOL

Parlancheq said...

TGI Fridays and Olive Garden are sad excuses for restaurants. So, I'll be at your house at 6:30 for dinner, OK? ;)