Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Good Night!

Okay, here I am again, adding on to the previous post. Dinner was a wonderful success and we also made brownies that were "Oh so Yummy!". Now for everyone who commented, THANK YOU!!! However, I do not get to do this all of the time. It is somewhat a rare occasion for us. But it was wonderful to be able to do this for me and my kid. JD came home from work early and he joined us for dinner. It truly was a special night. I am sitting here at the computer with the love handles hangin' out with the droopy eyelids, typing away at this post. hehe. I do need to lose some weight though. Really, I just need to get more exercise.

So, I have been reading up on everyone's blog and I have also linked up with some newbies. The meloncutter, Penelope Marzec, and skqbdoo. I can't wait to dive into their new-to-me blogs and read up on the lives of three newbies.

skqbdoo- Don't feel guilty about what you are feeding the kids. I can't begin to tell you how many nights I have done the Taco Bell (soft tacos, meat and cheese only), Burger King (double cheeseburger, meat and cheese only), or Sonic (sausage toaster sandwiches with tater tots) kind of night. That is how picky my kid is.

Becky- As always, thanks for your comments and being here to read when I need someone. It really means a lot.

Andrew- Dearest Andrew, your words mean so much to me. I would love to come to Alabama if you are serious. Wouldn't it be so cool if all of our online friends could join us for a blogging family reunion? We could cook for everyone. OMG, that would be so much fun!!! With my "foodie" experience and your homestyle cookin', we would be an unbeatable pair. Are you down? Let's get together about it in the spring.

Well, I am going to turn in. I have a big day at work tomorrow and I am sure it is going to be a late night for me. I hope you all have a fantastic day tomorrow and that all is right with you and those you love. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself about the exercise thing. Add one good thing to your life at a time...like homecooked dinner with your kiddo. When that's part of your routine, then worry about the exercise. I tend to get over-zealous about restarting my life and it all slips by the way-side because I get overwhelmed with changing too much all at once. Just an idea. Have a great day!

Leann said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful home made dinner with your family. I always loved cooking for the kids. The aroma, appreciation, and sharing of comfort foods always made my day.

I did the fast food thing often. Working, going to school and being a single parent just wears a body out.

Exercise....that's one good thing about this newspaper delivery thing...I run my tush off and have managed to lose and maintain my weight where otherwise I'd be sitting around comforting myself on BAD food...LOL

Thank you SO much for the words of encouragement. Unfortunately that is the only feasible way you can help me. The dark moments pass and the light shines in.

I need to learn to be proactive instead of reactive. Go FIND a job instead of waiting for one to find me.

You are a blessing in my life and I'm so glad I found your blog and you mine.

Blessings
Leann

ps...if you do the Alabama thing...I"m there. I lived in AL for 10 years and my son currently resides in Rome GA. Havent' seen him in 2 yrs. That would be a treat.