Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thanks

Well, thanks so much for your support. Sometimes it's good to hear from someone else besides the people you work with. I spent my day off today taking my kid to his first day of 7th grade, then proceeded to go into work. I just got home. His dad picked him up from school and now will be dropping him off shortly. I am taking half a day off on Friday to make up for the lost day. My plans are to pick my kid up and go enjoy an ice cream after school. It should be hot enough and will make the day a little special for the both of us. Love that kid!

So, now I am off to read all of your blogs. I wasn't able to get on last night cuz' I watched Big Brother. Jessica is from my area, so we are all rooting for her!!

11 comments:

Sally said...

It's definitely hot enough for ice cream!

I can't understand why the kids go back to school in the middle of the HOTTEST month of the year...and why all the pools close right after we hit 100 for the first time this year.

I wonder why they don't start after Labor Day and go through June anymore?

Andfre said...

Well the fall is very pretty here, but it's also pretty short. For the most part we have 2 seasons, winter and summer, with winter being the ever so dominant one.

You hit the nail on the head with your post about your kid, I feel the same way.

I’d like to also comment on your frustrated work post, but wont as everyone at my office has access to my blog. But suffice to say I know where you’re coming from, and I feel that way some days too. Keep plugging away slugger, you are making the world a better place, and sometimes that’s hard when you don’t see others doing the same.

David Kim said...

I love ice cream! I must have some every day. I can't get enough especially since there are so many flavors out there.

Jamie said...

Friday sounds like a really good day for you two. School starts early where you are, it is so hot for them to go back to class...ice cream will help. Go Jessica!

austere said...

Which flavor of ice-cream, pls?

SpringMist said...

Back to school!!
7th grade will be fun for him. New experiences.
I had strawberry sundae and french fries and coke for lunch. It is damn hot today!!

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you got a day off. Enjoy your special time with your son. Memories are what you'll have when he's grown. Plus, I love ice cream.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

wow,..school started early for you guys..
my little guy starts on wednesday..
go JESSICA!! Wish we could all vote for her!!
Always,
Crusty~

Portia said...

enjoy the half day & the ice cream:)

Diva's Thoughts said...

You guys started school already! Wow that's early.

I'm a Big Brother addict and I am so annoyed by Jessica. LOL

I don't know who I want to win just yet though.

~Vital~ said...

Have you heard from Annabel? I think she was in the path of Erin and now Dean has her in his sights. I left a message on her blog, but she has written since the 15th.