Sunday, August 05, 2007

Damn Good!

I cooked dinner this evening. It was pretty good. I made a hummus appetizer for the first time. I purchased some roasted red pepper hummus from one of my stores. I placed it in a dish and lined the hummus with thinly sliced cucumbers. I sliced up three kalamata olives, no need for pits, and drizzled the whole thing with extra virgin olive oil. I cut strips of pita bread for dipping and holy cow! It was really good!

For dinner I marinated some Sterling Silver ribeyes with Daddy Hinkle's seasoning and marinade. Yummy! I also marinated fresh asparagus in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Not only did we grill beef, we also grilled fresh Atlantic salmon, drizzled in sesame oil, salt, and pepper. I made some sticky rice to accompany the meat. I must say... it was damn good!

Wish you could have all been over for dinner. We had plenty and the great company would have ended the night perfectly. Here's to a great evening!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

So I inspired your dinner, and yours was SOOOOO much better than mine...next time, I will inspire you to invite me to yours...teehee

Terri said...

oh my goodness; you are making my mouth water for hummus and steak and fish at 8:30 in the morning!

Sally said...

Yum! Rib eye is my favorite cut of beef...my mouth is watering, too, and I haven't even had breakfast yet.