Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dearest Andrew

Well, I just popped over to see what my dear friend Andrew wrote today. He wrote about me! What a doll! He wrote about the time he didn't blog for almost a week. Every one of his regular readers were frantic, including me. Well, I didn't get that way until I started receiving emails from people, wanting me to do something. I started to get worried. So, I called the local authorities to see if they would do a wellness check for me. The lady I talked to on the phone was so nice. She told me it wasn't every day to get calls from girls in Kansas checking up on boys from Alabama. Well, she obviously didn't know this particular boy! Andrew is a rarity. He is unique. I would do it all over again if I had to.

Love ya Andrew! You will always be #1 in my book. I started with you as my very first regular reading blog. Remember that a year ago? I read every single post in your archive and commented my way through to date. It took me a little less than a week to get through all of your past posts. By the time I was done, I knew you would be a friend for life. Thanks for always seeing the good in people. You have enriched so many lives. I don't think you have any idea just how many.

Thanks for being such a wonderful human being.

11 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

funny as I read your post I'm listening to your song, "My stupid mouth..." -obviously the song can't relate to that time of a wellbeing check-although you were concerned it might have caused problems,..I'm glad you took your bull by the horns and made that call!!
I was anxious to hear about how it all came about, you notifying the authorities..and then I popped over here, read your post and it was like you had read every readers minds over on 4th.
YOU ARE GOOD!
Always,
Crusty~

Eone said...

Hi Abbagurl,

I like this post. How is your dearest Andrew today? Take care

Portia said...

great post! andrew does touch many lives in a way most people can't fathom. his blog was also the first one i started reading, and i was instantly hooked. i wasn't around then, when he disappeared for a week, and would be wary of stepping in myself, so i am glad you were there to make that call. it's good for people to know you care.

(M)ary said...

I just read Andrews post about how you had called to check on him. I think that is fantastic. You are a good friend!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

thanks for the endearing comment over on my page. I love thinking posts too..but it all depends on how much coffee I've had.. :)
Always,
Crusty~

Jamie said...

What a great post. If it weren't for Andrew, I wouldn't have found you. You are a great friend to him, I'm sure he feels the same way!

Terri said...

I'm an Andrew convert as well and that's how I found you so keep up that wonderful friendship; you're both impacting many lives! :o)

Diva's Thoughts said...

Oh that was so very sweet. I like posts like this.

SpringMist said...

Andrew's blog was the first blog I started reading too, right around the time I was really sick, feeling really sorry for myself, n being a total hermit!
Chicken soup for the soul his blog :)
Abbagirl, u are a real sweetie for making tht call. Thank goodness Andrew had parents to depend on, but in any other situation ur call is a potential life saver, u should realize tht. Don't feel embarrassed on wht u did.
Keep on doing wht u heart says. U are a good friend.

Andfre said...

I found you through Andrew's blog. I used to read it before when it was open, but then lost contact when he had it on invitation only... one of these days I'll go back but I need to reserve mopre time in my day first. I am always impressed with his writing style and have seen you pick up some of the same characteristics.

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

You already know I found you through Andrew. I would not be surprised to learn how many people go back and read his archives. If he is successful in writing his memoirs, he has guaranteed sales in his readers.

This is the second time visiting you in 2 days. I'm on a roll! Short lived, it will be, but it's good for now.

Liz