Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What Does Christmas Mean?

Today was a hard day at work. Not physical, more emotional and spiritual. I was working and encountered a situation with a customer concerning religion. Let's just say that it didn't leave me feeling well about the whole situation. I am so lost when it comes to different faiths. I was the kid that grew up knowing Christmas meant Santa Claus and nothing else. I don't blame my parents, as my father was forced to go to Catholic church his whole life and vowed he would never make his kids go. I don't blame anyone. It's just hard to talk about I guess, so I will just leave it at that.

Moving on. Actually, I really don't have much to say. I will say good night. Talk at you all tomorrow...

7 comments:

austere said...

ok.

kanadians in korea said...

i just wrote a blog regarding christmas and faith... let me know what you think. i am also going to email you about this topic tho. God bless, em.

B said...

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like it was a rough encounter. Let me know if you need to talk it out.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, working in retail as we do. I know I encounter people on a daily basis of all faiths and persuasions. I have learned over the years to never discuss religion, politics or sports with strangers because opinions will cause difficulties.

My customer base includes Satan worshipers clear through the old time Southern Baptists, Muslims, Bhuddists, Hindu, Wicca, Jewish, and one old guy who thinks he is God. There are probably several others I haven't even heard of.

I Know what I feel in my heart and what I believe. I have no control what others feel and believe. It sometimes get's very tough when a person who has very strong convictions in their own beliefs that they feel they must force their beliefs on others.

It can indeed be tough to be caught in one of these situations. There really is no easy way to handle them. Don't let it get you down.

Later Y'all

Cheryl said...

Good subject to comment on. I'll have to think about that, seeing as how I'm Jewish and love Christmas.

BTW, love your suggestion. I'm on my way to the mall, so I'll be by that store.

Anonymous said...

This time of year should be about Hope and love...not religion,
.
.

SKQBDOO said...

I know this can be an emotional subject. I grew up in a very religious home but my family actually did not celebrate Christmas as Christ's birthday. They always told me that we didn't really know when Jesus was born and that we should celebrate his birth everyday. Christmas was always Santa and presents. I'm not saying this is what I do necessarily, just how I grew up. Like you say, all these different opions can be very confusing and frustrating.