Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Rush Has Yet To Come


Ugh. When will it be over? Retail during the holidays. What a career choice. The stores have been coasting the past two weeks with the unseasonably mild weather we have had. What they fail to realize is come next Thursday, all H E double hockey sticks will be breaking loose. You see, all of our customers have been enjoying the weather. Motorcycle riding, golfing, even wearing shorts in this 65+ degree weather. They have not even started to think about cooking for all those family members who will be coming over to eat all of the food in sight. Kids will be home from college or coming home to in-laws. It's going to be so busy. If I could just get the stores to realize this and to prepare all this weekend. But, you can only do what you can do. I can only do what I can. I can't be everything to everyone.

So, I have off Saturday to finalize my own shopping. I won't have time to fight everyone else who are the "last minute" shoppers. I just won't do it.

Did I tell you that I am moving in February? Yes, I am moving from my apartment into a house. It's a rental. I plan on either building my own or moving into a brand new one in three years. I have already started saving. It's the three year plan. The plan also involves buying another vehicle, more than likely an SUV. I need one. Well, I don't "need" one, but I would really like to have one. And why not! I work hard for all my money. I work my rear off. Full time career and single parent. I should absolutely have one. Yes, people. I am trying to talk myself into it.

Okay, now I have started to ramble. It's funny. I have had so much to say lately, but some of my other online friends have not. I wish they would so that I would have more to read. I am selfish that way. Oh well. I need it, remember? hehehehe. Good night.

6 comments:

kanadians in korea said...

the consumeristic rush of christmas is insane... i pray you have strength to stand through it... and remain joyfilled :) that's awesome about the house btw... my husband and i bought a house in canada, and it was really worth it... it had its own garden and fire pit... anyway, have a very merry christmas! em.

Michael C said...

Sounds like it's about to get busy for ya. Hang in there are still try to enjoy the holiday!!

B said...

I think I'll be at the grocery store next Thursday the way things are looking. Sorry ;-)

Marie-Hélène Raletz said...

I'm glad my other blogger friends have things to say, reading their blogs gives me an excuse for not writing anything myself.
Yes, I'm selfish this way :)
Marie

Dave said...

Hey, I was out shopping tonight and, I don't know, the Christmas rush has begun in the Great White North (Canada). I swear I spent more time looking for a parking space rather than presents inside the store ... and I wasn't even looking for parking spaces near the store ... I was out in the "fringes!"

Dave

austere said...

:)
Will it have a porch and a garden? a lill patch of green?