Monday, November 20, 2006

Turkey Day

Two more days of this and I am on vacation. I have planned to cook the entire Thanksgiving dinner for my family this year. I have been anticipating this for almost a year. I will not get any help, nor have I asked anyone to bring anything except beverages. Want to know what we are having? Here goes...

For the actual dinner, we are having the traditional turkey. Along with that will be my famous garlic mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, cream cheese corn, stir fried green beans and onions, dressing, deviled eggs, kimchee, rolls, cranberry celebration, pumpkin pie, lime chiffon pie, and either a cake or brownies.

Pre-dinner items will include a veggie tray, summer sausage and cheese tray, fresh fruit, and chips and dip.

Yes, I am planning on doing it all. I will have most of it prepared the day before and all I will have to do is put in the oven or roaster. It is going to be great.

I can't wait to see my family sitting in front of the television, stuffed to the brim with food, watching football and telling stories of previous holidays.

Be warned that I will not have access to a computer for at least three days. I do plan on making a couple of phone calls to Andrew and I will probably be able to catch up on some of my favorites on my sister's computer. However, I will probably not post until I am back home.

Going to bed now to catch up on some well needed rest. Till tomorrow...

6 comments:

austere said...

:))
that potato garlic mashed and the lime chiffon pie sound entirely blissful. You have a sooperb time and cook cook cook and feed everyone happy , haan. I soo look forward to your return!
happy thanksgiving !/ compliments of the season (whichever is right to say)

Anonymous said...

Good on you. I always kick everyone out of the kitchen when I cook. Thanksgiving dinner prep started tonight. I love it! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Penelope Marzec said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penelope Marzec said...

Served on real dishes or the throw-away kind?

Just wondering. :^)

Enjoy the day.

Andrew said...

Hey,

Call me anytime. I feel so comfortable and not at all paranoid talking to you. I sometimes feel we have known each other for years. I want to hear all about your Thanksgiving and to know you are okay. You have been in high demand and sparse supply these days in blogging circles. Hope you get some more time online after the holidays. I miss your comments the most out of all the people that comment upon my blog.

Love ya,

Jonathon Andrew

Becky said...

Hi AbbaGirl,
Your Thanksgiving meal sounds amazing!! I think my hubbie and I are gonna celebrate Thanksgiving by buying a chicken from the street vendor (no oven to cook one ourselves) and then add mashed potatoes and probably kimchi :0) A little Korean, a little American! Thanks for your comment...I noticed you've been reading Trent and Emily's blog too (so funny, we know them from home, and got to hang out with them for a DMZ tour...small world, eh). Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the pictures!
Have a great holiday!
Becky Jones