Friday, November 03, 2006

Takin' A Load Off


I have been feeling lethargic today. I am bloated and cranky. I usually don't get PMS, but I must have some today. Perhaps it is because I am so tired.


I was so pissed off yesterday at the dog and pony show we did for all of the stores in this half of the division. We were not mentioned once on how well we did in getting the store ready. All of the kudos went to our bosses. Are you kidding me? They sit on their behinds all day in the corporate office, with absolutely no clue what it is like to work in the stores. Yes, put on your fancy suits and parade around with politician smiles on your faces. How fake. The only thing that keeps me going sometimes is when I remind myself those jokes put their pants on the same way I do, only their pants are a little more expensive then mine. Know what I mean? It was truly pathetic.


One of my bosses - the "Diva" was limping around the whole time in a foul mood.


"What's the matter with you today?" I ask her in a sarcastic tone.


She replies with her hand on her hip, "Oh my God, I am so sore! I have had to do this for two days."


?????


What she has had to do is walk store managers around the departments. Is that back breaking work? The whole time I was thinking to myself - she has no clue what real work is. Bending over all day helping your departments clean, merchandising out-of-department displays with other departments who have no clue on how to merchandise, decorating the store and keeping a smile on my pretty, goddess face - that, my friends, is back breaking work. Okay?


Hehehehe. I have to laugh about it though. At least I have the satisfaction in knowing I could do a better job than the "Diva". All of my co-workers probably could as well.


Well, I am happy to be home. It's good to sit in front of the computer and relax. No phone calls, no annoying bosses, employees or customers. Yes, life is grand.


6 comments:

austere said...

Great to have you back. and bah to the suits.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I empathise :)

Unknown said...

Ya the dog and pony shows suck. I am glad they picked another store than mine this year. I am catching too much heat as it is with three new big box stores all opening within 2 miles of my store during the last 3 months. The newest one opens the 8th. I have had the division president in twice, his VP's, in several times and I get daily zone visits and visits from the merchandisers.

I have had a total reset of the department and cleaned it from top to bottom, in produce we look as good as the model store only my people did it without all the zone staff helping. (I got 1 guy from the zone for 2 days.) LOL. Yesterdays walk through from the zone manager all he had to say was well, maybe vacuum under the bag onions every day instead of once a week.

I think 10 years ago I would have felt too old for this crap.

Gotta love it.

Later Y'all

Andrew said...

Soooooo good to have you back. I have missed you something fierce!

Andrew

Michael C said...

Hang in there. Our upper management is the same, too!

Billy said...

Unfortunately, I am part of that upper management. It sucks sometimes.