Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's Time To Get Cookin'



Oh yeah. It felt so good to sleep in today. I didn't get up until 9. That is sleeping in for three extra hours. Unfortunately, I woke up with a headache. Too much sleep.


For breakfast we had hot, fluffy pancakes with melted butter and yummy syrup running down the sides. Just so the cakes wouldn't be lonely, there were sides of crisp bacon and rounds of spicy sausage. The eggs were cooked perfectly over-easy with the yolks creamy texture playing with my fork. To quench the palate, I had hazelnut coffee with cream and sugar and a glass of water. My kid made up a tall glass of chocolate milk. Yum yum!

I love to cook. I know I say it all of the time, but I really do. I just wish I had more people to cook for. I don't want an army of folks, but maybe enough to fill a dining room table for six.

For dinner, I have decided to make some homemade BBQ meatballs. For the side dishes we will be having a wild rice pilaf and buttered brussel sprouts with toasted almonds. The brussel sprouts are my kid's favorite, which I find odd for a kid that age. I hated brussel sprouts when I was younger and didn't enjoy them until I reached my mid-20's. If I have time to bake, I am opting for some old-fashioned Spritz cookies. I am missing the Christmas aromas and thought if I made a batch of these, it would give me a quick fix.


We are suppose to be catching another hockey game tonight, so I have to get a movin'. Hope everyone out there has a fantastic day.

4 comments:

Chad said...

Sounds yummy.

So which game are you going to see?

austere said...

Wow. and sigh...(since I'm missing all that khana)

Michael C said...

That breakfast sounds a lot better than my corn flakes ;-)

Parlancheq said...

9 is sleeping in for you?? Yikes, I got up yesterday at 12:00 pm. Now that's sleeping in! :)