Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tagged - Untold Truths

I have been tagged by Em from Snapshots of life overseas. I have been asked to tell of five untold truths about me. It is going to be difficult to do, as I don't really like to share that kind of stuff with new acquaintances and strangers. But I will try, so bear with me.

1.) I am a total list maker, but seldom do I do what is on the list. I usually forget.
2.) I fell in love with my guy best friend and he never knew it (this one is hard to say since anyone could be reading this).
3.) I have never really been involved with church or religion.
4.) I am absolutely afraid to die. I used to have horrible anxiety attacks about dying. I fear the unknown. No one can tell me for sure what is going to happen. My worst fear is that when I die, I won't even know I did. And I am so scared to leave my son on this earth. I hope nothing happens to me until I know that he will be okay. He is my life.
5.) I love my job, but secretly do not like most people I work with. I am not talking about those that I oversee, I am talking about peers and/or bosses.

I need to tag five people:
Andrew - 4th Avenue Blues
Phelan - A Homesteading Neophyte
Austere - Austereseeker
Professor - Frumpy Professor
Becky - This Journey

Good luck.

Okay, so I know that some of you know a couple of these truths about me, but there are a couple that may stun you. Please be gentle...

5 comments:

kanadians in korea said...

thank you so much for unveiling your heart, girl... i know, it's very hard. but it's amazing how understanding people can be. i find it interesting that you've never been involved in church or religion, yet call yourself 'abba girl'? abba meaning "God the father..." unless you were referring to 'abba' the music group? i loved learning about you.

Billy said...

Yes, I am a total fan of the music group. I have heard that abba means "God the father...", but I really don't know a whole lot. Two years ago, I made myself read a children's bible story book because I didn't know about quite a few of the bible stories. I did state that I have never really been involved with church and religion. I just don't understand it I guess. I have so many questions, and I just wasn't given the right answers growing up. This could also be why I have such a fear of dying. I guess I lack "faith"? This doesn't mean that I am not willing to open myself up to religion though. I do believe that there is something out there greater than me. I just don't know what or why. Does this sound bad? It must I am sure. I find peace reading about you and your life. Thank you for that.

kanadians in korea said...

wow, thank you... i want you to know i have been praying for you and will continue to. Jesus is a very big part of my life, my best friend actually. i hope you find true peace and joy... and that He is able to erase away your fear of dying. if you want to talk more, probably e-mail is best for that... but if you have a Bible, i'd recommend reading John chapter 3. love em.

austere said...

I am pitching the entire pantheon of Hindu Gods and Godesses on your side, abbagirl. Such a generous kind -sparkling is the word that comes to mind- soul is already religious.
that guy frnd one was hurting. does he know now? sorry to intrude on this one.

Phelan said...

I just saw that I was tagged. Will do this later tonight.