Monday, November 27, 2006

Dearest Marie

Dearest Marie,
The reason why I boycott Wal-Mart is because I work for their competitor on the grocery side of the business. Where I live, there is our grocery store chain and Wal-Mart. It's all quite humorous actually. I am totally a die-hard when it comes to my job, but not necessarily with my company.

For everyone else, it doesn't bother me if you shop there. That is what is so great about living in the U.S. You can shop till you drop anywhere.

On another note...

I was looking at myspace accounts last night and I encountered someone who I had lost contact with for three years. "Warren" and I were great friends when I was still working in one of our stores. He lived on his own in a big house that was left to him when his dad died of cancer. We got along great. I even told him who I was totally crushin' on at work (remember falling for my best guy friend?). I told him and he never said a word to the other guy. It was funny because he was always saying that nice guys finish last. That would be his motto. When I saw his myspace last night, that quote was on there. How predictable. Warren lives in Florida now and seems to be doing well. When he went into the Army, he got sort of weird. The Army really changed him. I remember when he would write about all of the horrible things he was going through. He still looks tall, thin, and gaunt. Warren seems to have moved on with his life in a new state around new people. Probably a good thing. Starting over sometimes is what one needs to do. I should know.

Well, it is off to the corporate office tomorrow to meet with all of my co-workers in the other zones. I am anxious to see one of them, but the rest...aaah not really. I have to leave by 6 a.m. as it is a 40 minute drive. So, have a wonderful evening everyone. Till' tomorrow...

2 comments:

Marie-Hélène Raletz said...

I had to stop by before going to work... :)
Thank you so much for explaining about Wal-Mart. I'm glad the reason behind it all was far less sinister than what I suspected! (I have far too much imagination for my own good)
I'll be back later, I'm running a bit short on time right now :)
Have a great day, Abbagirl!
Marie

austere said...

Now we have Walmart entering India with a local partner, Bharti; most shope here are small stores so its become a big political issue.
Interesting times.