Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bah Humbug?

Every year I want to believe that this will be the year in which everyone will be happy and have a good attitude on life. Why do I set myself up? I just had an incident with a store manager who has the worst attitude I have ever seen. He is going around acting like it's all about him, throw in a bucket of sarcasm for good measure, and don't forget the cynical aspect on every situation defined. I can't believe that I look up to this guy.

It's like he is going through mid-life crisis at work. His associates are starting to be the same way. He really doesn't care anymore. It's sad to see someone who used to be so charasmatic totally go down the drain fast. Sour grapes.

On a more positive note, I have everything planned for next week in the stores. Basically, instead of doing store walks for the holidays, I am going to get on an apron and get to work with the associates. I have already scheduled myself to be in 4 stores and am waiting to here back from another. It should be fun.

I am visiting a new store tomorrow. We have a new store opening up in Newton and I want to go and see how much money was wasted. Oh. Did I just say that out loud? My bad. Anyway, I am anxious to see what the departments look like. I am taking a department head with me so that she can see what her store should look like now BEFORE Marketplace comes. She has let it slip a little.

Till later... I am starting on dinner so that we can get to the hockey game on time.

2 comments:

Irene said...

I used to work in retail, too. Christmas season was such a hectic time! Hope your stores do well this year. Happy weekend! =)

Parlancheq said...

But if everyone was happy and had a good attitude, what would we have to blog about? ;)