Friday, November 10, 2006

I am off today. I don't have another one until next Sunday. That is actually pretty good considering we are in holiday mode at the stores.

It is so windy outside!!! And the temperature dropped overnight. Kansas is notorious for that though. It wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't blowing so hard.

I totally feel a nap coming on. I just finished packing up 3 HUGE boxes of outgrown clothes that my kid can no longer wear. I am planning on giving it to Josh's sister, as she has three boys who are all smaller than mine. Many of the clothes have only been worn once or twice. After looking over how much I was able to box up, I think that maybe I tend to buy more clothes than necessary for my kid. He is growing extremely fast - 5 ft. 2 1/2 inches tall. He is only in the 6th grade. He's already taller than my mom and two of Josh's sisters. The doctor says that he could easily grow up to be around 6'3". Are you kidding me?

Pretty soon, I will have to buy a bigger vehicle just so he has room to sit. Looks like I will be going back to the SUV again. I kind of want one again. I miss it.

Well, like I said. A nap awaits...

5 comments:

austere said...

madame, your son is almost as tall as am!
*impressed*
nothing like a nap on a day off, nothin at all...

Phelan said...

All three of my boys will be over 6 foot. They will all be teens at the same time {help me} I feel your pain.

Parlancheq said...

Hmm, he should play basketball. :)

Marie-Hélène Raletz said...

Hi Abbagirl74 :)
I hate wind, it makes cold feel even worse. I used to live in Provence (south of France) until 2 years ago, and Mistral (north wind) is quite notorious over there.
Marie

PS: Thanks do much for dropping by and leaving comments on my blog, you made my early morning! :)
I wonder how you came across my blog, I only just started it and I get very few visitors!
Still, it's so encouraging to get feedback.
So thanks again! ... I've been reading your blog for a while (I came across the link on Andrew's 4th Avenue Blues)

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

My kiddo is 19 months and I had to admit that I bought more clothes then she could get a decent amount of wear in. There's just SO many pink outfits for infant/toddler girl. Not to mention that my Mom, her Granny, sent me on a winter clothing spree at JCPenney online when they were havin a great sale.
So I forced myself not to buy any for Christmas (I'm done her shopping already. Learned the 'sold out' lesson last year so started earlier this year), so she only gets toys from me.
So I can totally relate with you.

Liz