Monday, June 01, 2015

New Opportunities

Got some great news today!  I am transferring to another store.  I'm super excited because this store is only two miles away from my front door.  This means I don't have to leave the house until 10 minutes before I am scheduled, plus I can come home for lunch every single day!  WooHoo!

I will find out in a few weeks when my official start date is.  I will miss my old store tremendously, but I am always open for new opportunities.

I am starting to get a little nervous for my brother's wedding in two weeks.  Partly because my family has not met Stephen yet.  This should be interesting.  Stephen is not your ordinary 50 year old guy.   He is tatted up, has gauged hoops in his ears, bald and has a tongue ring.  I know, I know.... you are shaking your head, right?  I did too!  When I first met him.  Lol...

Anyway, my parents are a little old fashioned, Republican and they have a way with words.  My boyfriend is open minded, Democrat and doesn't ever mince words.  It's going to be great!  (save me)

Seriously tho, I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous.  He isn't the typical guy I have normally dated, which is probably why it works.  I guess I shouldn't worry over it.  It is what it is.  I am a grown adult.  My parents can't tell me what to do anymore!  ya, right...

Did I mention I am super excited about my new work adventure?  :-)

Laters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Working close to home has many advantages, and
is one of the reasons I changed jobs. I needed to be closer to
my daughters school.

Your BF sounds interesting, never judge a book by it's cover.
When I met my wife her parents weren't thrilled. It was a religion
thing. But now, 13 years later I am closer to them than I am my
own parents. And when my wife passed away they were my rock.

I can't wait to read your parents reaction to the BF :-)