Monday, June 08, 2015

Vacation - Day One

Vacation all I ever wanted
Vacation had to get away
Vacation meant to be spent alone

Ah.... the Go-Go's.  I know you are all humming this tune now.  I am!

I am on vacation for the next eight days!  WooHoo!

First day of vacation and this chica wakes up at 7 am!  My goodness.  I will never learn.  Lol.

I was going thru my comments and I received a comment from The Lies of 4th Avenue Blues.  I popped over and the drama continues.  Can't say I am surprised.  Jonathon sure has left a foul taste in a lot of people's mouths.  People keep emailing me about it.  I commented my thoughts on this blog.  I guess if you want to really piss people off, this is what happens.

Anyway, enough of that.  I had lunch with the Kid this morning.  We went to the Egg Crate Cafe, which is close to where we live.  I got the combo meat breakfast.  It comes with 2 strips of bacon, 2 sausage links, 2 eggs, hashbrowns or country potatoes and choice of bread.  It was so much food for an awesome price - around $8.  I couldn't finish it all so the Kid had to eat the rest.  He got the pancake combo.  HUGE portions!

Here is a pic of my breakfast plate.  So much food!


I do have an agenda each day I am on vacation.  I have already met with a co-worker to discuss their progress in their new training class.  I have started a load of laundry.  I have a few more things on my list for today:
  • Shoe shopping with the Kid for the wedding
  • Shirt shopping for the wedding
  • Two loads of laundry
  • Clean the upstairs bathroom
  • Change the bedding in the spare bedroom for my nephew's visit.
I should be busy the rest of the day.  Hope you are all having a great Monday. I know it's not everyone's favorite day, but it's as good as you want it to be!

Laters.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I think it is good to get up early on a vacation day. You don't want to miss any of it. : )

Anonymous said...

I agree Happyone! I get up at 5:15 everyday. I have never been able to
sleep late. That means I want to sleep at 5PM, but oh well.
Apparently the blogger who shall not be named has deleted his blog. C'est la vie.
Billy the food looks amazing, love a big breakfast! The laundry, not so much, mine is on the dinning room table, waiting on the little laundry princess to fold it.
Have a great day. I'm off to work.