Sunday, May 31, 2015

Longest Week Ever

I am so glad my store manager comes back to work today.  It was the longest week ever without her.  I worked every single day this week and working late tonight and tomorrow night before I finally get a day off on Tuesday.  Whew!

We have a sales event going on in all of the stores across our division.  It's to promote the BBQ season.  I am not a fan of BBQ, but I do love to grill.  I think there is a huge difference.  Have you ever been to a BBQ grilling contest?  I can't stand the smell of all that cooked meat.  Yuck.

Anyway, we are going to be sampling some great recipes this week.  One thing I would love to try is grilled pineapple topped with blue cheese.  Now most cheese lovers know that fruits high in acidity do not pair well with cheese, but since the pineapple will be grilled and has more of a smoky sweet flavor, the blue cheese should do well.  I am excited to try it in the near future.  Of course, I will post some pics so you can see.

I did buy some Brussels sprouts yesterday.  I am going to roast them in the oven tomorrow.  I also love roasted broccoli.  Have you ever tried either?

Well, I better get ready for work.  I want to stop by Starbucks and get a green tea.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Laters.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Hope this week of work will be a lot easier.
No, I've never been to a BBQ contest. I don't mind the cooked meat smell, its the uncooked meat I don't like the smell of.

Anonymous said...

Up until recently I didn't have a grill. My daughter and I
grill hotdogs and chicken. That's about as brave as I've gotten.

Last week was a b*tch wasn't it? This week has to be better.
We've had several out sick and my day off was canceled.
Next day off isn't until Thursday.

I hope this coming week is much easier for you Billy.