Saturday, July 01, 2006

Tis' the Season



My goodness. It is July 1 and it is busy, busy, busy out there. I work for a major grocery chain and holidays kill. The stores were humpin' today. First of the month is horrendous for some of these stores depending on the location of the store.

Anyway, I was working today and a boss of mine made a "suggestion" to me about one of my stores. Boss said that we would have to place a "newbie" manager in the deli dept. in one of my large volume stores. I about had a stroke. "newbie" came from a competitor and has not worked in our stores before. We have recently employed several workers from this certain competitor because they are soon going out of business. So, I am a little nervous about putting "newbie" in one of my monsters. I think he should start small and work his way up.

Boss said that we would have to place "newbie" in this store and deal with it. Boss said that I would have to get "newbie" some training. I know in my right mind that the training will have to come from me. "newbie" is scheduled to start the week I go on vacation to the Bahamas.


Do you see where I am going with this?

I have given Boss other options, but Boss doesn't want to go those routes. Looks like I will have an untrained manager in one of my high volume stores alone the first week. The employees in that department will eat "newbie" for dessert.

I better get all of them some bibs. :)

1 comment:

Jim said...

Yep, tell 'em, 'bon apetit', leave a tip. lol. good post, I enjoy your blog. Bitching is good for us sometimes.