Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm Back

Got back from our Disney cruise to the Bahamas and had to turn around and get ready for our HUGE food show. We had over 100 vendors and tons of food. I am now extremely sick. I can't decide if it's from the vacation or what. I am probably overworked and tired.

The cruise was awesome. The boat was huge. I was on the 10th deck before we were leaving and I was looking out at the polluted ocean in Port Canaveral. I looked up and saw something flying toward me. It kept coming and wasn't stopping. I literally had to duck before a PELICAN hit me in the head. It was my first time seeing one. My kid was laughing at me and wanted to know why we had dinosaur birds on the planet. I started laughing and explained that it was a pelican.

We both saw the ocean for the first time. It's amazing to see how different the water looks when you get away from the port. In the Bahamas, the water was beautiful. I could see my toes. We went swimming and tasted the salt water on our lips. Gross.

Anyway, the trip was fun and relaxing and I will go on another in a couple of years. I would like to take an Alaskan cruise or Mediterranean cruise next. We shall see.

One more thing I would like to talk about. I have a friend who has a blog called 4th Avenue Blues. Andrew is a talented writer who lets us get a glimpse of what goes on in his life. He is thinking about closing the blog. If any of you get a chance to check out the blog and read a couple of posts, you will see what I see. Drop a line of support to him and encourage him to keep writing.

Stay cool out there people. It's going to be a scorcher this weekend.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey, thanks for the kind words Abbagirl. I am glad you had a good time on your cruise. I got to go on one when I was a kid. We stopped all over the Carribean. It was a lot of fun. Take care of yourself and don't overwork yourself this weekend. That would be terrible to have work on a Saturday and Sunday, but I understand you have to pay the bills.

Billy said...

Thanks Andrew. I always enjoy your comments as well. Times are tough, but you will get through it. I look up to you. Be proud of yourself.

Jade Rocks said...

I am so glad you both finally got to see the ocean. I absolutely love the ocean and all the sounds and smells associated with it. I wondered what happened to you. Ha ha ha. I didn't see any posts from you on Andrew's blog and got worried about you.