Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Go Slower

I have a million things to do before I head to my parents for the fourth. But as I am getting ready, I realize that my life is just that. My life consists of all of these "millions of things to do". It's quite sad actually. It's like I have forgotten how to live. I remember when I was a kid, I would lie on my back on the grass, look up at the clouds, and wonder what life would be like when I got to the age I am at now. I have surprised myself. I never thought I would be a 32-year old, single, full-time+ career mom.

Is it what I wanted for myself? Back then I did not. I expected what every little girl expects. To meet the perfect guy, get married, have babies, and play house. What in the hell was I thinking?

I am happy right at this moment, but I know that I could be happier. Maybe if I take all of those "millions of things to do" and slow down. Maybe take it a "hundred at a time". Who knows.

Well, I hope that all who come across this post have a safe 4th of July. My parents do not own a computer, so I will not be back until Friday.

Happy Holiday

No comments: