Monday, July 17, 2006

One Is A Lonely Number

After reading a post from 4th Avenue Blues tonight, it made me think about people and how some may be alone. When I say alone, I mean that they have no one from the opposite sex to be with. They lack a companion. I find myself in that same situation sometimes even though I have a boyfriend. I feel like I am truly alone. And that's okay. The need for companionship is in us all. You would have to be the red dirt up on Mars if that weren't true. We all want to feel loved, we all want the attention that one gets from someone who is in synch with them. Sometimes, we have to wait for it. I had to wait five whole years before I would find someone. And it happened just like they say: you stop looking and then all of a sudden, there are potential men everywhere. I think I had four guys who wanted to date me at once. It was weird because I wasn't used to getting all of that attention. And it was great attention. However, after awhile, I got overwhelmed with it. I had been alone so long that I was very independent. I think that is what may be happening now. I feel like I am being suffocated a little and I need room to breathe. Is that bad?

2 comments:

Jade Rocks said...

I completely do not subscribe to the fact that if you stop looking you find someone. I think that is a bunch of boloney. I believe that when you stop looking you just don't notice how much you had been looking and then someone finds you. But that really isn't what I wanted to say. I know what you mean by being with someone and still feeling alone. I am a lonely soul. I never feel complete or happy with what lot I'm in. I am learning to deal with this one day at a time. The whole in heart is slowly being patched and I'm learning to occupy my loneliness with sweet memories. I hope that helps.

(M)ary said...

i am on the internet on a saturday night reading blogs...so, yes, i feel lonely.

but, i have also had a lot of attention from men in the past, and like you say, i felt smothered. honestly, i don't know what would make me happy.

oh well, we all have to learn to be contented wherever we are and whoever we are with, i guess that is the lesson.