Sunday, July 09, 2006

Autumn



It is a wonderful day out today. I had to get up at three this morning to go to work and I have just arrived home. There has been a steady light rain falling all morning. It's glorious. I have that feeling of nostalgia, remembering back to when I was 12 and wanted to go to the city pool so bad, but couldn't because of that light, pitter-patter. It brings back such good memories. It's a reminder to me that autumn is just around the corner. Then the rain will be a touch cooler and the smells will be different; more woody and smoky. The leaves will fall off the trees and gather along the curbs of all the streets. Children will be kicking it along as they trudge off to school. That is when I think about the holidays that will approach soon: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and on to Christmas.

I don't want to stop daydreaming about this. Autumn is my favorite time of year. It's also the lonely time of year. That is why I like it so much. It's the time of year when I am so in tune to me, myself, and I. It's a time of year to reflect on the previous, make a couple of mental notes, and plan to embark a whole new year.

I can't wait for autumn to get here.
It's the best season of the year.
Leaves turning gold, red, and brown.
Turning my frown up-side down.
Soon there will be costumes and candy.
Toasting our wine and our brandy.
It's the perfect time of year,
To spend it with someone very dear-
Me.

No comments: