Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happy Birthday To The Best Kid In The World!

Today is my kid's birthday. The big 12! We started the day eating breakfast at home. I let him play his favorite computer game - Age of Empires II for over an hour. We then went and had lunch at the Outback Steakhouse. It's his favorite place to eat. They have the best cheeseburgers, he promises. After the lunch, I took him to Best Buy to get his birthday present. This is what we purchased...
We got the bigger of the three. It's an iPod 30GB 7500 songs PC + Mac. The sales clerk told us that the 80GB was completely senseless to get at his age. He decided on the white one with a blue case. Quite a fancy piece of technology. And being the best kid in the world, he has allowed his wonderful mother to download some of her songs for the plane trip to Seattle. What a great kid! Now I just need to figure out how to work the darn thing. I hate that I am a technological idiot.

7 comments:

Dave said...

Cheesburgers at a steakhouse ... Gotta love the kid! LOL

I am listening to my ipod as I write this... Ever heard of the Louisianna group "Evangeline"? Love 'em!

Take care! :-)

Cheryl said...

I want one of those too!

Anonymous said...

Love the ipod. I have one of the first generation ones...and the boys have their newer ones. Enjoy it!

austere said...

Many many happy returns!
Cheeseburgers, eh?\
:))

Annabel said...

Sounds like a great day for both of you! My son Josh just got his iPod and he loves it. I'm so jealous!

Rich | Championable said...

Hey, rock on. Your kid has the same iPod I have. But then again, I also have a Nano and a Shuffle.

I'm something of an Apple junkie.

Happy birthday to your 12-year-old!

Michael C said...

That is a cool birthday present! Happy 12th!!