Saturday, January 03, 2015

Last Day of Vaca

It's my last day here in OKC.  I head back to the ICT tomorrow.  Nothing special is planned.  Going to have lunch with Stephen (my BF) in a few and then do some grocery shopping for his meals later this week.  They have a grocery store here that I really like - Sprouts.  It's big on fresh, small on processed.  Stephen and I like to do our shopping here.

Guess we are heading out now.  I will be back later to post more today!  Laters....



Okay, I'm back.  Had a little lunch (breakfast) at Jim's Diner.  Their food is pretty tasty.  It was our last meal "out" as we are both trying to eat more at home.  I ordered a veggie omelet with cheddar cheese, country potatoes and a biscuit with gravy.  It was every bit of delicious and terribly bad for me!

We then headed to the pawn shop to see Stephen's mom.  I absolutely adore this gal.  She's quite a smart cookie and her stories are endless.  I think I could listen to her talk for hours and hours.  We found two large mirrors for the workout room, so Stephen has a small project now of hanging those bad boys up.  He wants them in the room so he can watch himself work out, making sure he is lifting correctly.  Whatever.

Sprouts - have I said how much I love this store?  I purchased two loaves of their organic 21 grain bread.  It doesn't have a very long shelf life, but it's organic and SUPER tasty.  I can freeze one loaf and when I come back next Saturday, I can always go back and purchase more.  I also bought 3 delicious Honey Crisp apples. They were on sale for only $1.98/lb.  We got our usual organic stuff: carrots, celery, broccoli, kale, grape tomatoes and salad mix.  I make a killer salad.  I will post it one day for you all to see.  I load it with all kinds of goodies.  My favorite is adding a little pear for a touch of sweetness.  Mmmmm.... can't wait for supper tonight.

Stephen is online looking at rubber floors (workout room) and he keeps looking at me as I type this.  I think the tapping/clicking of my nails on the keys may be a little annoying.  hahaha.... oh well!

Guess I better start prepping for supper tonight.  We are having sockeye salmon (Stephen is going to grill) and a myriad of wonderful grilled vegetables - zucchini, squash, yellow onions, etc.  Of course I plan on making a killer salad to go with it.  The only thing cumbersome about tonight's preparation is pulling those darn pin needles out of the fish.  I am glad Stephen got me a pair of needle nose pliers.  They definitely do the trick!

Well, I guess I better get to it.  I go back to work tomorrow and I still have to fold a load of laundry.  Hope you all had a great day!

I'll try to do a better job of posting more.

Laters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Sprouts Market opened here in Fresno a couple of years ago. I love it. Not as much as Whole Foods as it's farther away, but I shop there about once a month. Good prices.

Keep eating healthy in the new year.