Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Storm Before the Calm

That's how I felt today.  I have so much to do at work before I start vacation.  We had a long meeting today and we have a walk-thru on Tuesday next week.  Guess who will be out of town until Monday?  This girl!  I have so much to cram into one day tomorrow, that I am working on some of it tonight.

I work for a major grocery chain here in the tri-state area (Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska).  They are a part of the Kroger chain of stores.  I have worked for this company for almost 20 years and I absolutely love my job.  Currently, I am an assistant store manager for one of the top marketplace stores in our division.  My store sits on one of the busiest street corners in the city and is considered a multi-million dollar corner.  We have a ton of shops and department stores in the area, as well as a Super Walmart, Sam's Club, Super Target and National Grocers within one mile of my store.  We are doing quite well.  :-)

I would say my store is more upscale than all of these other retailers.  People come to this area to spend money.  The clientele is completely different than my old store.  I am not complaining.

Anyway, I need to get a few notes typed up for another assistant and then I am heading off to sleep.  I have a big day tomorrow and I will be in Oklahoma with Stephen.  I can't wait.  It's been over two weeks and I really miss him.

Hope you all stayed in from the sweltering heat!

Laters.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I have heard of Kroger. We don't have any around here though.

Anonymous said...

I saw them in the US when I was there and I believe we have 1 or 2 now in Canada, Toronto. Good on you Billy! Assistant manager is a good gig.