Monday, April 13, 2015

T-Time Is Done!

My taxes are done!  Yay!  I should have a refund by next week, if not sooner.  I also did the Kid's.  We are both getting back Federal, but I had to pay State this year.  Oh well.  I still came out ahead.

Today was a great day.  I got to cover another store while their manager is on vacation.  It was kind of boring, but the day went by pretty fast.  I kept busy.

I came home and we had leftovers for supper.  The Kid cleaned up the kitchen and did his own laundry today.  He also got his English Comp paper completed and is now working on Trig homework.  Looks like he should be able to get a B in trig.  We were so worried about that class.

Speaking of the Kid, did I tell you he wants to major in Fire Science and then Engineering?  Yep.  Kind of different.  He has to do a series of "ride-a-longs" starting Friday.  There will be three of them.  He decided to do this before he actually starts taking fire science courses to make sure this is what he really wants to do.  According to the fire captain who shops in my store, these ride-a-longs will give him a good idea of what the firefighters go thru.  The Kid will work three different shifts at different fire houses.  I think it will be good for him and I am glad he decided to do it.

Well, I am off to read some blogs and then I am heading to bed.  Weather will be a bit cooler tomorrow.  I have to get up early since I have a longer drive.  Hope you all survived Monday!

Laters.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It so nice to be done with taxes!! We just finished ours. Waited later this year because we had to pay!! No refund for us.