Thursday, April 23, 2015

Foodie

I love food.  Everything about it.  Where it comes from, how it can be prepared, what it tastes like, what food pairs well with other food.  My foodie love covers a wide variety of areas.  My first love is cheese.  Oh, how I love the fromage!  Comte, Crottin, Brie, Camembert... and the list goes on an on.   I don't think there is a cheese I don't like.  The horrible thing about this foodie love is that I believe I am becoming lactose intolerant.  The horror!

I also love fresh fruits and vegetables.  I have tried all kinds of them.  Finding local fruits and vegetables has become a hobby and new love of mine.  Whenever I am buying local, I know my food is fresh.  It is also helping my fellow neighbors and keeping our money close to home.

As for preparing food, I like to keep things really simple.  I don't add a lot of "stuff" to food.  A little olive oil, salt and pepper is usually all that is needed.  Cooking brings out different flavors of food.  Sautéing food and grilling gives food different flavors.  I love the spring/summer months because we use the grill more.  There is nothing better than roasted Brussels sprouts!

Here are a few pics from last night's supper.


These beautiful Brussels sprouts came from the farmer's market.  These were cleaned, halved and rolled around in ESP (Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper).  I put these in a foil packet and Stephen put them on the grill.


We also grilled some yummy butter baby yellow potatoes.  These were thrown into a grilling basket with ESP.  Super tasty!


Next up were the portabella mushrooms and onions.  I didn't add anything to these as we love the smoky flavor they give on their own.  The onions get super sweet!


Here is the nice filet of sockeye salmon we got at Sprouts.  I try to buy fish that are wild caught.  Make sure to take the bones out with some needle nose pliers.  This salmon lasts us two days.  Again, it has ESP on it.

 
 
And lastly, here is my famous everything salad.  It has a mix of three different salad mixes.  We used Organic Girl baby spring mix, buttery mache mix and the romaine hearts.  I added grape tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mini sweet peppers, all of which are organic.  Not shown are the strawberries  and avocado I added to Stephen's bowl and the pear and avocado I added to mine.
 
We also grilled fresh corn, but Stephen threw it on the grill before I could get a good picture.  It was a hearty meal full of vegetables and some fish.  We have plenty of leftovers for today, which we will enjoy for lunch.
 
As mentioned earlier in the post, my love for all things foodie is something I dearly enjoy.  The pictures are totally amateur, but it's not about that.  I just wanted to show you a glimpse of foods I love to eat and prepare.
 
Hope you all have a good day.  I have to go back to work on Saturday.  Boo!  lol...
 
Laters.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh everything looks yummy again. I wish you could be my cook. : )