This meme is from Not Fainthearted at This Journey.
1. What were you afraid of as a child?
I was afraid of clowns and still am.
2. When have you been most courageous?
I don't really know when I have been courageous. This one is hard. I think I was more courageous as a child. Now as a grown up, I am just a big fraidy cat.
3. What sound most disturbs you?
Car tires screeching right before an accident.
4. What is the greatest amount of pain you have been in?
Gall stones for sure. I agree with Beck on this one. Way worse than labor. I blacked out it was so painful.
5. What's your biggest fear for your own children (or children in general if you don't have children of your own)?
My biggest fear for my child is that I will die and no one can love him as much as I can.
6. What is the hardest physical challenge you have achieved?
I really don't get out much now, but back in college, I had to touch every single step in the sports arena where we played basketball. It was 6:00 am and we were out drinking the night before, got caught by our coach, and he made us run stairs the next day. I did about 25 sets of stairs before I puked. Since I didn't drink, I outlasted everyone. They started puking after 10 sets of stairs. There are over 60 sets of stairs in that arena.
7. Which do you prefer: Mountains or oceans/big water?
I guess I prefer to look at both, but also prefer to live near neither. I am from Kansas, so I like it nice and flat/hilly.
8. What is the one thing you do for yourself that helps you keep everything together?
I think about my kid every single day. He keeps me grounded.
9. Ever had a close relative or friend with cancer?
My grandfather died of prostate/colon cancer.
10. What are the things your friends count on you for?
Laughter, support, and to help boost their confidence. I called a friend of mine to ask her about this question. This was her reply.
11. What is the best part about being in a committed relationship?
Sex...kidding. I bet I am the only one who started off the answer like that. Seriously though, the best part about being in a committed relationship is that there is someone there to help live life to the fullest.
12. What is the hardest part about being in a committed relationship?
13. Summer or Winter? Why?
Neither. I am an in-between girl. My favorites are 1. Fall and 2. Spring.
14. Have you ever been in a school yard fight? Why and what happened?
Yes! When I was in grade school, I was made fun of all the time because I was half Korean. Kids used to call me flat face, chink, all sorts of names. When I was in the fifth grade, there were some guys in the sixth grade who were terrible. They would always tease me. These guys got the bully in my class to pick a fight with me after school one day. They all knew I walked home ( I only lived a block away). This girl was waiting for me outside. The sixth graders were all around. I remember her grabbing my hair. I kept thinking back to all of the times my dad made us watch those stupid boxing matches on t.v. I took a swing and landed a punch on her nose. It started bleeding and she started crying. I walked home with my sister and next door neighbor kids. They were all telling me how great I did. Then, my principal showed up at the door. I had to go back to school and have a discussion about what happened. I did not get expelled because I explained all of the teasing I had endured. It helped that my mom was there. The girl apologized and I didn't get teased at that school again.
15. Why blog?
Because I love the interaction I have with all of my blogging friends. I love to read. I love reading about people's lives who live far away and close to me.
16. Did you learn about sex, and/or sex safety from your parents?
I learned about sex from my parents and sex safety from school.
17. How do you plan to talk to your kids about sex, and/or sex safety?
In stages. We have already discussed how a woman becomes pregnant.
18. What are you most thankful for this year?
I am most thankful that I have a wonderful family and supportive friends. My family is healthy and happy. That is all that matters to me.
Okay, enough about me. More about six of you! I am tagging Bonnie, Crusty, Portia, Cheryl, Annabel, and Terri. Let me know when you have posted this on your blog.