Thursday, November 15, 2007

4 a.m.!!!

I have been up since 4 am. Gotta be at work by 5:15. We have major construction going on in another store. This next year is going to suck. We have three remodels happening at one time. This should be fun.

So, I went to bed angry last night. Something I don't like doing. Becky, you are right when you say this is something I can't speak for the both of us. But, he's just not a talker. Never has been. It's something that isn't going to change about him. So, I need to take that into consideration when things like this happen. I guess I could just easily dismiss him. But, I don't want to. I love him and need to work through this. I do have a feeling that little Ms. Hockey (thanks for the name Becky) won't be having too much fun at the game with me there. Hmmph!

Well, I better get ready and get out of here. Work beckons. Have a super day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great solution. And you don't even have to work hard at it! Just show up and enjoy yourself with Josh. Maybe she'll get the idea...

shorty said...

Just take things into perspective.

He goes home at the end of the night with you.

Don't sweat the little things.

Sally said...

I would be upset and frustrated, too...and doesn't OKC have their own hockey team?? (not trying to add fuel to the fire, you understand!)

My hubby is not a talker, either, and it's caused lots of frustration in our relationship. One thing that helps with us is if I stay calm, ask open-ended questions and try to tell him how his lack of communication makes me feel...it's taken 7+ years, but we've made progress!

Portia said...

Sounds like you've got things under control. I hope you had a super day too:)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Good luck today!
most men aren't talkers...it's like trying to pull teeth...funny how we can all be so different!
Amazes me.
I'm headed back to bed..still really sore..
ryl!
Have a fantastic weekend!
ALways,
crusty~

captain corky said...

Going to bed angry sucks! I hate it when it happens. I hope you guys are able to talk about things later.

Have a good day at work if you can.

bonnie said...

I'm glad you have a demanding job to go to. When I get jealous I brood. And my brain feels fully occupied by that insanity. It's like having a bladder infection. If I'm busy I don't have so much time to be crazy. Jealousy is only useful if it makes you a strong stand for your relationship and lets you have a powerful claim on your man. Like don't mess with me.

David Kim said...

Yoda says "Fear, anger, jealousy, those lead to the dark side."